So what have I learned from flipping?
6 GOLDEN RULES
1. Flip what you KNOW and research what you don't.
- Monks and DHs like Dex and Crit
- Wizards like Int
- Everyone's okay with more Vit/All resist
- Attack speed is good, but out of style
- See where I'm going with this? Buy things you'd buy for your own char.
- Research the forums for what's in style!
2. It's okay if you miss some deals.
- There will always be more deals. Don't be upset if you miss one.
- Next time you'll know that time of item is a hot deal!
3. If the time left is 1 day 11 hours, think quick, if it's not, think slow
- You should always put some thought into your flip, but the time is important too
- Recent auctions tend to have a better chance of being a good deal.
4. Search in reasonable increments when pricing
This is a common mistake people make. They have a 67 dex ring and find that the lowest for a 65 dex ring is 2 mill and price it for 2 mill. Meanwhile, 60 dex rings with identical stats are selling for 200k. Oops! It's not going to sell.Increments of 10, 50s, and 100s are most common.
5. Maximize your turnover and reserve slots.
- You should always have 1~2 slots dedicated to high turnover, high demand, cheaper products.
- Selling big ticket items is nice, but don't ignore the smaller profits too.
6. Keep a Cheap Set in Reserve! Don't Put all your Eggs in one Basket!
- Since inferno's farming sucks, it might be tempting to sell all your gear.
- Keep some gear in case you get bored/out of funds
- There's nothing worse than deciding to tie all your money up into a big-ticket wizard item
- When you only have a monk and a DH with no gear left.
- At least keep a set of gold-find gear, 30 minutes of farming Nightmare Arreat Crater should be enough to net you enough money to start your AH flipping job from 0 gold.
Hopefully these tips were helpful! If you have any other tips you'd like to share, post them below!
Stand firm to The Golden Rules!
Comments? Post Below!